Saturday, May 5, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7 - Interesting technology: GPS

We're supposed to write something about anything technology related that interests us. This week a friend of mine was working in D.C. and I went down to see him. We decided to go to dinner at some restaurant downtown that was new to both of us. Driving in D.C. always mystifies me. However, he had a Magellan GPS gizmo that was fascinating. We just entered the destination address, it knew where we were, what route to take, and it guided us the whole way. No brains required. I want one of those babies!

2 comments:

NiniB said...

Have you used any GPS to do geocaching? Check it out on Merlin - http://www.merlin.lib.md.us/?q=node/41. I attended a training at Carroll County where the Maryland Geocaching folks did a training. CCPL was creating caches for the public.

JimD said...

OK ninib. You owe me $250. After I read your comment I went out and bought myself one of these gizmos. I'm pinning this expense on you. Should be fun though. If you never see any more posts to this blog you'll know that my geocaching experience didn't work out well!