Thursday, May 31, 2007

Week 8, Thing 18 - Onlne_Productivity - Zoho works for me

Updated July 12, 2007. I made the original post below on May 31. Google Docs seemed to work for me where Zoho Writer didn't. Since then I've tried them both again and Zoho seems to work very well. I think I was having an odd Internet connection problem at the time and pinned the odd behavior on Zoho. I received a very nice and interested comment from the Zoho staff and that encouraged me to give it another try. I wanted to take a moment to issue this retraction since I have had good luck with Zoho since that original post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't had the best of luck with Zoho Writer. I had some luck with the document but I had some weird formatting problems that I couldn't solve. I had to delete the document and start over. I had similar hitches with some of the other online tools. Still, this seems like a very handy feature. It's VERY handy to be able to get to the files from anywhere - an alternative to moving documents around on a flash drive or sending them by email. I'm going to give this some more time - although not right now, there's too much else to do! I'm going to try to post this document to my blog to see if I can figure out how it works.

[Cool, it worked. Even the colors and the font formatting came through the way I had entered it. That's handy.]

2 comments:

Arvind said...

Thanks for trying out Zoho Writer, Jim! Sorry that you faced those formatting glitches. If you can write to us the exact issues you faced, it would be really helpful for us to analyze/fix the problems.

Arvind
aravind(at)zoho.com

JimD said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment on this post. I gave Zoho another try (finally) and it has worked very well for me. I think the problem may have been my Internet connection. I edited the original post so that anyone who reads it from now on will get the updated report. I don't know how many people are actually reading this blog but the update will be out there for those few who do!