Monday, August 27, 2007

Bad news about me

I got some bad news recently. I have a lung carcinoid tumor. If you have to get cancer, the carcinoid type seems like one of the better ones to get. It has a very high cure success rate.

I don't have a set course of treatment scheduled yet. With luck it will involve only surgery. People have been very kind and many have asked to be kept up to date on my progress. I have thought about that a lot and have decided to blog it up. That way, anyone who is interested can check the blog. You can find that at: notbymyself.blogspot.com. I'll post updates about new developments - and a lot of other things - there.

5 comments:

Mama Otta said...

Sorry to hear your bad news! YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS FOR A SPEEDY AND COMPLETE RECOVERY!!

Timelord said...

TAG, you're it. Now you have to visit my blog to find out what to do next to stay in the game.
signed, Timelord

Generator said...

Jim, or should I say Buff Man,
In trying to acknowledge your attentive and up to the minute comment on my blog I found your sh---y news. You just put the challenge of the Maryland 23 in perspective for us. You can deal with this too, as you do everything else. No bluffs about it.

Here's my vision--Your marble-sized tumor will be toast soon. You have an experienced doctor and it's small and you will end up with more hot air than you will ever need after this. In the meantime, let me help in any way I can. I will stay tuned. Sending all good thoughts your way. Came to say this in person...missed you.

Pamela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamela said...

Jim -
Lots of prayers from a nice Jewish girl. I'll try real hard: even G-d gives in to the Jewish-mother guilt thing.
Love, Pamela