Wednesday, January 9, 2008

CES #2

There are a bazillion cool things coming up at the CES event in Las Vegas. I'm only focusing on a couple that appeal to me. These will be either things that I'd like ot have or things that are so cool it's hard to skip over them. Here are two things I heard about yesterday that I thought were worth mention...

Sony OLED TV - "OLED" stands for Organic Light-Emitting Diode. This is a beautiful TV - not big (yet) that is only 3 millimeters thick at its thinnest part. The TV has a very high contrast ratio which gives a truly dazzling picture. $$$, though - at least for now.

Netgear NAS - "NAS" means Network Attached Storage. This is a device that can live on your network and provide shared storage for all users. While this probably has big uses in the business/enterprise world, it mostly seems like a cool addition to a home network with multiple PCs, laptops, media players, etc. The model I heard them talking about included a BitTorrent client so you could absorb your selected torrents directly to the device. I haevn't BitTorrent-ed yet but it seemed like a big plus for those who do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.